Images related to this file:
Kuujjuaq is in northern Quebec, Canada. At the southern end of Ungava Bay, and 30 miles up the Koksoak River. it was previously called Fort Chimo. Kuujjuaq is considered the capital of Nunavik, a well known northern caribou hunters and a large base of Air Inuit relay.
The scenery includes:
- The airport and its major buildings and objects,
- Weather radar on a hill northeast of the airport,
- The Zelada Desgagnes stranded facing the village and Sedna Desgagnes traveling between Kuujjuaq and the Ungava Bay,
- Large boats moving on the Koksoak River, near the island Koksoak,
- Hydrobase Stewart Lake, 2.3 miles north of the airport,
- A hunting camp (with caribou!), A geological camp and fishing camp (with cabins, tents and canoes).
||Freeware, limited distribution
||12th March 2014, 09:23:10
||Jean-Pierre Fillion, Pierre Gallant