QuickPlan for Windows is a visual point and click flight planner that makes it easy to generate flight plans in native FSX, FS2004 or X-Plane formats.
The entire route is generated visually, by tapping the map to add the departure airport, intermediate waypoints and arrival airport in the same order that you intend flying the plan.
During plan creation and after adding the final arrival waypoint you also have the opportunity to remove any of the intermediate waypoints before saving the plan in your preferred format.
QuickPlan utilises a new mapping engine and includes 12 world-wide map styles and has support for FSWidgets Cloud Based Aero Charts (free Cuba/Puerto Rico WAC Cloud Based Chart included) and FSWidgets Cloud Based World Nav Data (Free KSFO - San Francisco Bay area Nav Data included).
QuickPlan can be used in Freeform Mode, Advanced Mode, or a combination of both.
FREEFORM MODE: Simply click anywhere on the map and QuickPlan will allow you to add it as a generic waypoint. VFR pilots often use towns, lakes and other unique geographic features and with QuickPlan you can add any geographical location shown on the base map. Plans created this way label the waypoints automatically with generic names (e.g. DEP, WP1, WP2, ARR).
If desired, the entire route from departure to arrival can be created without reference to any navigational aids or official airports. This is handy for bush pilots who often use unlicensed airfields and small landing strips (or seaplane landing areas). Helicopter pilots can also quickly create plans that depart from off-airport locations like building rooftops or land on a road.
ADVANCED MODE: If you own the FSWidgets Cloud Based World Nav Data product you can create more advanced flight plans by clicking on any of the icons displayed on the map to add them as waypoints - airports, VOR's, NDB's and intersections (data for the KSFO area is included free). Plans created this way label the waypoints automatically with airport and navigational aid identifiers taken from the Nav Data (e.g. KSFO, OSI, LV, FABLA). FEATURE LIST:
- Generates native FSX (.pln), FS2004 (.pln) and X-Plane (.fms) format flight plans
- Saves flight plans to any folder (preferred folder set in Preferences)
- Search for airport by ICAO identifier
- Map powered by CloudMade Leaflet API (using OpenStreetMap data)
- Includes 12 world-wide maps styles
- Supports FSWidgets Cloud Based AERO CHARTS
- Free Cuba/Puerto Rico WAC Cloud Based Chart included
- Supports FSWidgets Cloud Based WORLD NAV DATA
- Free KSFO (San Francisco Bay) area Nav Data included
- World-wide Metar and TAF Data icons
- US Nexrad (Next-Gen Radar) Data
||27th October 2012, 09:22:33
||Fermin Fernandez - FSWidgets